Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sunny

Moments walk by
Staring out my window, the palm trees are so high.
The ocean breeze blows in my face
My Chicago mind slows down a pace
Chilling but still hustling hard
I close my eyes and I love Cali
Despite the fakes and the low key male cakes
The weather spoils me a sunny delight
Never cloudy and late
Never suppressed or caped
Sunny all day Every day
And I love it so much, I don't know if I can ever escape
Never type poems about sunny days and connected dots
But today, I've decided to type a poem about happy thoughts
Things have been good, things have been well
Im going back to school again
Its something I'm proud of and feel that I should tell
I still party, but my future is important to me
Moreso now than I did back when I was only twenty three
I will work hard
This year I hope for a better life with better moments
Not like the time I spent in Iowa
Man that shit sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment